Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Palin For President in 2012?

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who is clearly looking ahead to her political prospects in 2012, said Wednesday that a woman would be good for the Republican presidential ticket in four years.
This former GOP vice presidential nominee has been on a series of post election television interviews. She was slated for two on CNN on Wednesday and she traveled to Florida for the three day Republican Governors Association meeting and is scheduled to participate in a panel discussion Thursday titled, ‘‘Looking Towards the Future: The GOP in Transition.’’
She was asked Wednesday about speculation that she is the party’s future.
‘‘I don’t think it’s me personally, I think it’s what I represent,’’ Palin told reporters. ‘‘Everyday hardworking American families — a woman on the ticket perhaps represents that. It would be good for the ticket. It would be good for the party. I would be happy to get to do whatever is asked of me to help progress this nation.’’
Question on whether that was her priority, Palin said: ‘‘A priority for me is serving the constituents of the state of Alaska ... They hired me and I have an obligation, or a responsibility to serve Alaska as their governor.’’
Now that she has been thrust into the national spot light I don't think we will see the last of her.

No comments: