Friday, December 7, 2012
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
John T. Sayles of the Pentwater Fire Department in Pentwater, MI has died as the result of an on-duty incident that occurred on 2012-11-13
Nov 15, 2012 8:55 AM
Walter M. Summerville III of the Kernersville Fire Rescue Department in Kernersville, NC has died as the result of an on-duty incident that occurred on 2012-11-07
Rescue workers remove the body of a man who died in a chemical tank Thursday at a business in Wheeling.
Nov 29, 2012 · ... Wheeling Fire Chief ... Illinois AP Award: Best NewsWebsite; ... including personnel specifically trained to work in confined spaces…
Monday, November 19, 2012
Uploaded by statefarm on Nov 14, 2011
William Shatner knows firsthand how dangerous turkey fryers can be—so do the firefighters with the Illinois Fire Service, who staged some of the common mistakes, with explosive results.
Watch William Shatner's story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYkRF_FmD40
Safe Turkey Frying Tips
1: Avoid oil spillover--don't overfill the pot.
2: Turn off flame when lowering the turkey into oil.
3: Fry outside, away from the house.
4: Properly thaw the turkey before frying.
5: Keep a grease-fire-approved extinguisher nearby.
Australia's Melbourne Metro wants to relay the important message to its passengers that standing too close to train tracks is dangerous.
They of course could have done this with a simple public service announcement. Instead, they've created this cute
and elaborate cartoon with a very catchy song to get their message across.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
John McClelland Hall of the Bladen County Emergency Services in Elizabethtown, NC has died as the result of an on-duty incident that occurred on 2012-11-03
Cause of Death: Stress/Overexertion
Rank: Deputy Fire Marshal
Nature of Death: Heart Attack
Emergency Duty: Yes
Incident Date: 11/03/2012
Duty Type: On-Scene Fire
Incident Time: 17:00
Activity Type: Advance Hose Lines/Fire Attack (includes Wildland)
Death Date: 11/07/2012
Fixed Prop. Use: Residential
Fire Dept. Info: Bladen County Emergency Services
PO Box 1646
USNG: 17S QU 1953 3455
Elizabethtown , North Carolina 28337
Chief: Bradley Kinlaw
Initial Summary: Deputy Fire Marshal Hall responded to and actively participated in fighting a fire in the Carvers Creek Community. He was also the primary investigator of the fire. During the incident, Hall fell ill and was put on bed rest. Several days later, he was taken to the hospital where he passed away from a heart related cause. Incident Location: 308 Cord Rd, Council, NC (USNG: 17S QU 3625 1328)
Mark Haudenschild II of the Washington Township Volunteer Fire Department in Fort Wayne, IN has died as the result of an on-duty incident that occurred on 2012-11-11
Firefighter Haudenschild died from injuries sustained when the fire apparatus he was operating crashed as he was responding to a reported grass fire. Haudenschild was reportedly not wearing seat restraints and passed away at the scene of blunt force trauma due to the motor vehicle crash.
Walter Patmon, Jr. of the Chicago Fire Department in Chicago, IL has died as the result of an on-duty incident that occurred on 2012-11-11
Upon returning to quarters after helping to put out a small kitchen fire in the South Side Beverly neighborhood of Chicago, Firefighter Patmon fell ill while cleaning equipment. Patmon was treated by fellow first responders and transported to the hospital where he passed away from an apparent heart attack. Incident Location: 1500 block of West 99th Street (USNG: 16T DM 4510 1824)
David Mitchell Tatum of the White Oak Fire Department in White Oak, NC has died as the result of an on-duty incident that occurred on 2012-11-04
Lieutenant Tatum became sick at the scene of an emergency response but did not request treatment at that time. Later in the day, he began having trouble breathing and became unconscious. Tatum was treated and transported to Bladen County Hospital and then transferred to Cape Fear Valley Hospital in Fayetteville where he passed away from a cause still to be determined.
Herbert "Herbie" T. Johnson of the Chicago Fire Department in Chicago, IL has died as the result of an on-duty incident that occurred on 2012-11-02
Captain Johnson died from inhalation injuries sustained while operating at a structure fire. Media reports said that "Johnson died after saving several families--including many with small children--from a burning South Side home." Investigation of the fatal fire incident continues. Incident Location: 2315 W. 50th Place, Chicago, IL (USNG: 16T DM 4330 2799)