Monday, December 1, 2008

Hillary did It!

Again I reiterate my concern for his pick due to his bashing of her during the primary where he was putting her down during the primaries. Again not that I like her in any way as she is a carpetbagger and her dealing prior to her husbands election to the governors office in Arkansas. So I have added this article from CNN on Obamas pick for his security team. Maybe he feels that she can lead the state department and not the country?


(CNN) -- President-elect Barack Obama on Monday announced Sen. Hillary Clinton as his pick for secretary of state, calling her an "American of tremendous stature who will have my complete confidence."

President-elect Barack Obama announced his nomination of Sen. Hillary Clinton as secretary of state.

"Hillary's appointment is a sign to friend and foe of the seriousness of my commitment to renew American diplomacy and restore our alliances," Obama said at a news conference in Chicago, Illinois. "I have no doubt that Hillary Clinton is the right person to lead our State Department and to work with me in tackling this ambitious foreign policy agenda."
Obama also confirmed that he is keeping Defense Secretary Robert Gates in his current post.
Rounding out his Monday announcements, Obama named retired Marine Gen. Jim Jones as his national security adviser, Eric Holder as attorney general, Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano as homeland security secretary and Susan Rice as ambassador to the United Nations.
"I am confident that this team is what we need to make a new beginning for American national security," Obama said.

No comments: