Friday, January 1, 2010

They walk among us...

Not mine, but interesting none the less, received via email, been around and started the new year off right. Makes you think?

IDIOT  SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage  door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of
our problems  was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I  
thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears  made at that
time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said,  "Lady, you need a 1/4
horsepower." I responded that 1/2 was larger  than 1/4. He said, "NO, it's not..
Four is larger than two..."
We  haven't used Sears repair since.
IDIOT  SIGHTING:
My daughter and I went  through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the
clerk a $5  bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said,  
"You gave me too much money." I said, "Yes I know, but this way you  can just
give me a dollar bill back." She sighed and went to get the  manager who asked me
to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed  me back the quarter, and said
"We're sorry but we cannot do that  kind of thing." The clerk then proceeded to
give me back $1 and 75  cents in change..
Do not confuse the clerks at  McDonald's.
IDIOT  SIGHTING:
I live in a semi rural area.  We recently had a new neighbor call the local
township  administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign  
on our road. The reason: "Too many deer are being hit by cars out  here! I don't
think this is a good place for them to be crossing  anymore."
From Kingman , KS .
IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD  SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local  Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person
behind the  counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only  
had iceberg lettuce.
From Kansas City
IDIOT  SIGHTING:
I was at the airport,  checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked,
"Has anyone  put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?" To which I  
replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?" He  smiled knowingly
and nodded, "That's why we ask."
Happened in   Birmingham ,   Ala.
IDIOT SIGHTING:
The  stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was  
crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She  asked if I knew
what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals  blind people when the light
is red. Appalled, she responded, "What  on earth are blind people doing
driving?!"
She was a probation  officer in Wichita ,   KS
IDIOT SIGHTING:
We were  having a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker, as she was  
leaving the company due to 'downsizing' Our manager commented  cheerfully, "This
is fun. We should do this more often." Not another  word was spoken. We all just
looked at each other with that  deer-in-the-headlights stare.
This was a lunch at Texas  Instruments.
IDIOT  SIGHTING:
I work with an individual who plugged her  power strip back into itself and for
the sake of her life, couldn't  understand why her system would not turn on. A
deputy with the  Dallas County Sheriff's office, no less.
IDIOT SIGHTING:
When my  husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we  
were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service  department and
found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the  driver side door. As I watched
from the passenger side, I  instinctively tried the door handle and discovered
that it was  unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "It's open!" His  
reply, "I know. I already got that side.
This was at the Ford  dealership in Canton , MS  (NO WONDER FORD'S IN  TROUBLE!)
IDIOT  SIGHTINGS:
When I left Hawaii and was transferred to   Miami , Florida   , I still had the
Hawaiian  plates on my car, as my car was shipped from Hawaii . I was  parking
somewhere (I can't remember) and a Latino guy asked me "Wow,  you drove from
Hawaii to here?" I looked at him and  quickly said "Yep. I took the  Hawaii/San
Francisco Bridge". He  nodded his head and said, "Cool"!
STAY ALERT! They walk among us...

No comments: